Saturday, March 22, 2008

2nd Round Saturday

Coach K vs Thuggins. Good to see Paulus is up to his usual flopping tricks.

Looks like its a tougher race for last place than it is for the top spot. Lenny Smith is in some tough shape with 3 Elite 8 teams already eliminated. I hope he enjoys the beer money!

WVU's starting to play pretty well. If they can keep it up, only 10 people will pick up the 7 points available for this upset.

Now that I'm actually looking at how things would break down, as much as I hate Huggins, I'd love to see Duke lose. That would really create some separation in the standings!

3:23 - I'm not sure I'm happy that CBS just switched us to the Wisconsin game with only 2 minutes to go in the Duke/WVU game. Ticking down to 1:10. Duke down 11!!!

3:27 - First timeout. Wisconsin is really going to have to do a better job on the boards if they're going to keep up with the Wildcats. Good to see that Duke has resorted to fouling and more importantly that WVU is making the free throws. Don't get confused - I still hate Huggins, but I love upsets!

21.2 seconds left for Duke's March run. I've called it officially. New scores are up.

3:46 - Good to see Wisco's sticking (mostly) to their guns and playing a slow-down kinda game, playing patient ball and letting K-State make their mistakes. I love both of these teams. It'll be fun to watch either one of them beat up on twiggy Hibbert from G'town.

13 have K-State winning this one. 10 points available.

5:15 - K State is starting to play frantic basketball. I think this one could be all wrapped up.

5:17 - 3 for hughes... DAGGER!

6:26 - Purdue's fouling every possession and Xavier is making the freethrows. I'm going to call it. Steal, Xavier. Yep... its over.

Marquette vs Stanford might turn out to be a great game. Looks that way so far.

6:29 - 2 T's for Stanford's coach... damn. Early in the game, too. This really could be interesting.

8:07 - Turns out I was right. Jerel McNeal played lights out. Not quite enough, though.
This Kansas game really shouldn't be as close as it is.

9:01 - I'm not so sure about this Michigan St. stuff. 74 people picked Pitt, but more importantly, I have them winning the whole thing. Not like I really have a chance at the championship, but they have to win to at least keep me interested.

In the other game, only 2 people had A&M winning. Good luck, Steve and... oh, crap... me. I guess these two games are make-or-break for me. Sonofabitch.

10:16 - I hate Drew Neitzel. That is all.

10:30 - Damnit, Pitt. A&M has to help me out now.

10:41 - I'm officially done. I hope that dunk counts.


Congrats to Tom Hengst for picking EVERY GAME today!

4 comments:

Ludden said...

Duck Fuke!

Ludden said...

finally got switched to the Wisconsin game.. as much as I like Duke losing, i'd much rather watch this game. thank god for the video streams though.

Unknown said...

that ucla ending was sick. and it saved any chance i have of cracking the top 4. unreal

THN said...

the dunk counts, my friend. the dunk counts.