Thursday, March 20, 2008

Session 3 - Open Thread

Stanford won. I didn't even see highlights. Didn't even nap. Every time I almost fell asleep, my phone rang or buzzed or something. Yeah, yeah. No sympathy for me. Anyway, the third session has started and I'm pretty happy about the Milwaukee area getting the K-State game. A couple of early, quick, crap fouls on Beasley and he's out. Not good. K-State is a bit bland without him.

6:23 - It'll be interesting to watch a Tim Floyd coached team play against a Big 12 team. Loved the guy when he was in Ames and had stud Marcus Fizer playing well (what has he done lately?). I think he's only successful now, though, since he won the OJ Mayo lottery.

6:42 - KState is keeping it up. For what its worth, only 36 people picked KState. I'm one of 'em. Woohoo!!!

6:48 - Just saw some updates... Duke & Belmont are tight - 90 had Duke. Only 22 have Winthrop and 32 have BYU. Its nice to have some exciting games. Its not nice to not have directv, though. Oh, well. Hopefully we'll have some upsets and shake up the scores a bit!

7:20 - Right, so I have to go pick up my wife @ the airport now. Unfortunately, this may be the last post until later tonight (probably after many of your bedtimes). I'd love to be able to see the results as (hopefully) upsets evolve through the night. For the record, I have K-State, Winthrop and A&M. I'd love to see Duke lose, 'cause I always love to see 'em lose, but I have them into the final four, so.... I'm torn.

If this is indeed my last post for the evening, thanks for playing and CHEERS! I'll drink a beer or 5 for you tonight.

1 comment:

Ludden said...

good call on k state. man i wish i wasn't working all day tomorrow. they freakin' block this site at work. totally sucks.