Sunday, March 16, 2008

Brackets are out!

So, the brackets are in your inboxes. Email if you have any questions, though at this point, its pretty well refined and should be pretty easy.

My thoughts on the brackets:
East
I think Tennessee got slighted as the 2 seed in UNC's bracket. Being a Milwaukee kid, I'm a big fan of Bruce Pearl and the way he coaches. George Mason and Winthrop may play some interesting ballgames, too.
South
Memphis is tough, but the way Pitt's been playing lately, I think they're the tops of this regional. Probably helps that I hate Texas. Not just the school - the entire state.
West
Yawn. UCLA may be the best team in the tournament, but I haven't seen much of them, so they don't count, right? Drake will be interesting - I seem to have a soft spot in my heart for the Midwest white-guy teams like these guys, Creighton & Valpo. Not always the best talent, but they play good fundamental ball. Finally, I'm picking Arizona. I hate Bob Thuggins (you see what I did there - clever, right?) more than I hate Texas.
Midwest
Toughest bracket in the tournament. KU, Clemson, USC, K-State, Wisconsin & Georgetown!?! Damn. Since I'm here in Wisconsin now, I've seen a lot of Badger hoops and think, like Tennessee, they got the shaft as a 3 seed. Definitely deserved it more than Texas.

Brackets are due before tipoff on Thursday. Hope to to see you in the pool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see that my Wisco propaganda has worked on you!