Thursday, March 12, 2009

2009!!!

Here we go again. Its conference tournament time and I'm just now getting excited.

It has been quite an interesting year+. Since we last crossed paths, I had just left a great job testing explosives for the Navy and started working on fuel cell powered generators for Modine Manufacturing in my homeland of Southeast Wisconsin. Since then, things have been busy. I started grad school in the engineering managment program at Milwaukee School of Engineering. Angie finished her school year at Barnhart Elementary in Waldorf, MD. We moved into Mom's basement in Cedarburg, WI. We sold our home in Waldorf after nearly a year on the market and at a substantial loss. After living with my overly generous mom for 51 weeks (thanks for putting up with all of my crap and doing my laundry!), purchased a home in Racine, WI. Not 3 months later, Modine's stock tanked requiring drastic reorganization and layoffs, one of which was me. Somewhere in there I managed to get Angie pregnant. Now, I'm looking for a job (I'm a mechanical engineer with test and product development experience if you know of any openings - email for a resume) and trying to enjoy my time off. Somehow, despite all the turmoil, I'm terribly excited. Excited to become a father, excited to explore a new job and excited that its nearly NCAA tournament time!

If you've found your way to this blog, you've either been a long time participant or are considering it this year. I'm looking forward to another fun tournamnet and pool. Stay tuned for somewhat live updates as the tournament progresses.

No comments: