Thursday, March 19, 2009

Evening games, Day 1

I'm pissed.

Since you're here, I bet you'll listen while I vent (and no, not the gay Coors Light venting).

If you were (un)lucky enough to be unemployed like me, you probably watched all of the games this afternoon. They sucked. Period. I left for Milwaukee (grad school @ MSOE) shortly before 5. Evening games started at the same time as my class. Being the good fanatically religious college hoopster I am, I watched the scoreboard the entire time. The first batch of evening games made me jealous of all of you donkeys that were watching the games with a beer in hand at your favorite watering hole. Jerks.

An aside, how awesome are the Jordan "Be Legendary" commercials??? I love the factory in Syracuse, NY, where no Rays or Raymonds work. http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/home/index.html#jtvContent?contentID=1247

Another aside, while I'm on the topic of awesome commercials, I love the Jimmy Rollins/Dick's Sporting Goods commercial. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kFH4gV8rGY

So, I was wrong a bit about my evening plans. I was able to sneak in an update as class was wrapping up and I decided against going to the bar, 'cause I wanted whiskey and didn't want to pay bar-prices for it. So, now I'm chillin' on my couch, watching WKU beat up on the (not-so) Fighting Illini with a stiff Jack & Coke in my hand.

As much as I hated watching the opportunity for 3 big upsets pass in the 6pm round of games, I have to congratulate Buttski for picking every single game correctly so far. If you want to cheer against him, he has Western Kentucky, Duke, UCLA & Oklahoma. Not terribly adventurous if you ask me.

1 comment:

Ludden said...

hey, at least you got to watch some games. i was stuck at work (watching the scoreboard) then had some good old fashioned FCFU (indoor) at 9:30. i just got in front of the television about 30 minutes ago.