Thursday, March 19, 2009

Late Games, Day 1

Things seem to be going Buttski's way. Duke has already routed their opponent, WKU is up 11, the sooners are up 28 and UCLA seems to be fending off any and all advances by VCU. Disappointing for all of us who are counting on upsets to give us a points bump, but impressive for Mr. Butt (as funny as that looks, its pronounced like foot - i promise, i wore out all of the available jokes by the time Mike and I graduated from high school).

Mike's about 45 minutes away from having a perfect first day. There's no way of tracking all of the previous years, because I think I only added the day-by-day feature in the last year or two, but I'd venture a guess that he's the first to do it.

(11:34pm CDT) - Games are over, website updated. Congrats, Buttski. Impressive.

2 comments:

Ethnic Mike said...

And yet you call for a general poking of fun at me for not picking risky upsets.

Making fun of me for getting them all right...uhhh....my last name. Kiss it!

I will enjoy my reign as king, if it is only for a day.

And while I have the floor, how did you not get Obama to fill out a bracket for this pool? How fun would it be to zing the POTUS for sucking up a bracket?

Ethnic Mike said...

wow. I just noticed that our venerable Commander in Chief is on the list. Did he pay you the entrance fee?