Friday, March 13, 2009

ok, ok, ok....

So, I wrote that last post shortly after the end of regulation of the Syracuse vs Uconn game when Diefendorf (sp?) missed the win by the length of his fingertips. Now we're in the 6th overtime. Honestly, is there a better way to get excited about the NCAA Hoops tourney??? 3 days ago, I was wishy washy about even running the pool. Now, I can't control my excitement.

6 overtimes??? I'm starting to think conference tournaments are better than the real thing. If you've been keeping up with the Big 12 Tourney, you'd agree. All 4 top seeds are out over there. Granted, I'm somewhat partial given my Iowa State heritage (yes, I was in school when #15 Hampton beat Tinsley & Fizer's #2 seed 'Clones). Anyway, I've caught the fever. Bad.

I just hope the field of 64 (65) is as exciting as this game!

Also, Dick's Sporting Goods has been running some great commercials lately. Being a guy who led my conference in getting hit by pitches (no joke), my recent favorite has got to be this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kFH4gV8rGY

Wow. Game's over now. Congrats to both teams. This was truly one of the most unbelievable games I've ever seen.

No comments: